Apply for the Agape Year Apprenticeship
Originally posted at: http://samsusa.org/2018/07/27/apply-for-the-agape-year-apprenticeship/
Agape Year seeks a missional minded, Gospel-centric individual to serve the future church by sharing life, ministry and gifts with gap year fellows (18-20 year old) for a 5 month* (January-May 2019*) apprenticeship.
This apprenticeship will encourage the growth of spiritual gifts, engage in deep relational ministry, and have opportunities to see the wealth of imagination in God’s kingdom. From serving with the Church overseas (In 2018-2019, we will be serving with the Diocese of Singapore in Chiang Mai, Thailand) to engaging in parishes’ calls throughout the country, the apprentice will grow their own personal network and understanding of call. This apprenticeship is ideal for an individual who holds the global church and mission in high regard, adheres to and desires to practice spiritual disciplines in the context of community, and has affection for young adults in transition.
In the future, Agape Year hopes that an apprentice will be called to plant a second Agape Year in another hub of Anglicanism in the United States.
An apprentice will:
- provide residential supervision and hold fellows accountable to community standards
- share in meals and study portions with fellows
- travel with fellows overseas and throughout the country.
- Help transport fellows to ministry sites and commitments.
- Support and lead spiritual formation throughout the program through daily offices, Scripture studies, and spiritual direction.
- Assist as needed with the administrative and logistic elements of the program (planning travel, booking churches, newsletters, blog updates, etc.)
- 22 years of age or older
- Robust faith and trust in Jesus Christ and commitment to a local church
- Cross cultural and youth ministry experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving initiative.
- College degree or seminary study in related field preferred.
- Appreciation for the Anglican tradition and communion.
- Room and board provided for the 5 months (with a host family on the Northside of Pittsburgh)
- Travel expenses covered to overseas portion and Sojourn (visiting parishes in the U.S.).
- $2000 stipend, with the option of raising additional funds for personal support as well as partner development training. There may be an option to become a SAMS bridger providing more resources.
*There is an option of extending this internship to September-May.